A. Rodent Control
- Rodent population ecology and pestilence in cropping systems mode in different agro-ecological regions including hills, islands and tribal areas.
- Monitoring rodent biodiversity vis a vis diversification of agriculture, urbanization, Farming system approaches, climate change, etc.
- Rodent problem and their management under pressurized irrigation systems, polyhouse and peri-urban agriculture and post-harvest rodent management.
- IRPM strategies with major emphasis on non-lethal approaches.
- Basic behavioural studies on population résilience vis a vis Habitat Manipulation and toxicology of rodenticides.
- Technical support to DAC for capacity building, Awareness creation of stakeholders and anti-rodent campaigns.
- Human resource development on rodent management.
- Consultancy and advisory services to Farm and non-farm sectors.
B. Agricultural Ornithology
- Monitoring of Bird population (dynamics, community Structure in relation to crop and extent of crop damage) in Agricultural landscape.
- Use of GIS and Remote sensing tools for evaluation of bird roosting sites, habitat suitability index & impact in relation to different cropping system.
- Development and evaluation of eco-friendly bird management practices for crop protection / production.
- Exploitation of Beneficial birds in suppression of insect / rodent pests.
- Impact of birds in Pisciculture & their management.
- Demonstration of usefulness of bird management technologies in farmer’s fields
- Impact of Climate/weather change on Avian - Fauna and studies on the Bird Community Structure in GM and non GM Crops.
- Studies on Meta – genomics of bird fecal matter for identification of useful Virus & Bacteria to suppress insect pest of crops.
C. Higher Vetebrate
- Status and general distribution of major problematic species, like Neelgai; wild boar and monkey in different agro climatic regions of the country.
- Spatial distribution with reference to crops/ cropping patterns in different agro climatic regions
- Population dynamics and social behavior of the target species
- Habitat preference and utilization patterns for identification of hot spot areas/ crops
- Assessment of crop damage in different agro climatic regions
- Food and feeding behavior in relation to habitat/cropping pattern
- Identification and documentation of existing traditional management (ITKs) practices
- Evaluation and development of eco-friendly management strategies