The CAZRI's Regional Research Station, Bikaner was established during 1957 with the aim to act as a center for demonstration, experimental aforestation, and soil conservation. The station was given the responsibility of sand dune stabilization in three areas, Sri Kolayatji, UdaiRamsar and ShivBari. Gradually, the center was strengthened by creating the necessary facilities for laboratory, library and field studies during 5th and 6th plan and this center was re-designated as Research Station which functioned as a integral part of Division of Plant Studies under CAZRI up to September, 1986. Later on it has been given independent status of Regional Research Station of Central Arid Zone Research Institute (CAZRI), Jodhpur.
- Loamy sand, duny sand
- Canal irrigation Indira Gandhi Nahar Pariyojana (IGNP)
- Interdunal arid western plains
- Integrated land use and farming systems research.
- Limited use of irrigation water through sprinkler and drip irrigation to increase water use efficiency.
- Animal studies, feed and water requirement and to study the carrying capacity of improved pastures and silvi-pasture systems.
- Collection, evaluation and conservation of arid rangeland shrubs. Ber based horti-pastoral systems.
- Production potential and Resource utilization under different farming system models for arid ecosystem of western Rajasthan.
- Evaluation of Existing farming systems and study on the sustainability of cropping system of hyper-arid partial irrigated western plain of Rajasthan.
- Demonstration / Pilot Research Project on evaluation of rainfed silvi-pasture system under arid ecosystem.
- Nutrient Management and Yield Potential of Agri-Horti Systems in Arid Zone of Western Rajasthan.
- Irrigation scheduling of an established agri-horti system under drip irrigation system.
- Studies on agri- silvi-horti system under micro- sprinkler system at Bikaner.